Faith

Are you a "Super Souler"?  That's how Oprah affectionately refers to those who watch her Super Soul series on Sunday nights.  Each week she interviews a different thinker, pastor, author, or person who seeks to have a deeper/more meaningful life experience.  She recently had Steven Pressfield on, the author of The War of Art.  Have you read it?  It was a great conversation about how when we try to go higher or deeper in our lives (be it in our relationships, career, health, parenting, finances, etc.) we will naturally encounter things like resistance, fear, and self-doubt.  But, Steven says, that's when we know we're on the right path.  Two sentences very eloquently written in his book stood out:


Whoa.  Is this a lightbulb moment for any of you?  As their conversation continued, Steven shared what I also believe to be true.  Once you commit, and you are on the path to living the life within (the path that resonates with your soul), all kinds of aid comes to you to support your commitment.  

Has this happened in your life?  I can think back to when I was in college, working full-time and trying to earn a degree in journalism that was taking forever and not really having a direction or clear career path, I finally committed to becoming a lawyer.  It was a quiet, barely whispered dream inside that I never actually believed could materialize.  It seemed impossible in my life (no money of my own, no financial support from family, no family that had ever gone to college, self-talk of "I'm not smart or sophisticated enough" and so on), but once I committed and spoke the dream out loud to people, doors opened and I was assisted.  I got help and even a mentor.  But, I only committed and got on the path- God opened the doors and helped see me through all the way to graduation and to my first job. 
By the way, I wasn't a church-going, Bible-reading girl before law school.  But that didn't matter to God.  He knew my heart.  It was during law school that He really got ahold of me and my eyes were more fully opened.  Isn't it amazing the plans and purpose God has for us?!  

I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them.  Isaiah 42:16.

The Word also says in Isaiah 43:19, "I am doing a new thing . . .  do you not perceive it?"  In other words, can't you tell He's up to something in YOUR life?!  

Have a great Sunday!

* * * * * 







Share on :
Faith
Faith
Reviewed by jembe
Published :
Rating : 4.5