Bikini Contest Prep // 2 Days Out

Hi guys!  Just popping in to give a quick update on my bikini contest prep.  I can't believe we aren't measuring time in weeks anymore, but days- only two to go!  This Saturday is the NPC Independence Day Classic and I'll be competing for the first time in the Bikini division.  The photo below was taken today (July 3, 2014) just after my final posing session.  I still need to practice at home because I'm not the most fluid or graceful.  You only get 10 seconds to hit 3-4 stances.  Today, my trainer played music while I was posing and that actually helped.  He said they will be playing music at the show and I guess I didn't realize that.  


At this point, I'm just feeling good that I've made it this far without giving up.  I can proudly say that I've given this competition preparation everything I had.  I know that I did my best and I reached a long-time goal.  

CONTEST SCHEDULE

When I get to town for the show, I have two spray tanning applications to do (3 pm and 10 pm) on Friday.  We were advised to start exfoliating on Monday and not use lotion because the tan adheres better to dry skin.  And, apparently the tan gets everywhere, so it's best to bring your own sheets and clothes you don't mind staining.  

Then, my hair appointment is at 6:20 am Saturday, we go to a general contestant meeting from 7:30-8:30 am, then I get my makeup done at 8:50 am.  Prejudging starts shortly after that. Then, we'll get a break until the night show.   I still don't know exactly what time I'll be on stage, but I got the general schedule of the category line-up.  The bikini part is almost last.  

QUICK REFLECTIONS

I plan to do a more in-depth post after this contest is over, but quickly I can share that, surprisingly, sticking to the diet was not that difficult (once I got used to it and figured out how to prepare food I enjoy eating).  I still will never be able to choke down dry chicken, but if it's prepared seasoned and moist, it's really good.  And I fell in love with eating fish (but had to scale back because I didn't want to be eating too much mercury).  I started eating grilled chicken salad with fat free dressing (romaine lettuce and tomatoes) for two meals a day and drinking Muscle Egg instead of my protein shake as my last meal.  I really like that- it's like drinking a glass of chocolate/caramel milk.  Next, I'll try the plain chocolate. 


The hardest part has been the TIME it took to dedicate to the workouts and the physical effort of training so hard.  I was working out one hour with my trainer and doing 45 minutes of cardio 4-5 times a week.  And of course abs at the end of the workout- I never liked doing abs.  The workouts never really got any easier, although I did get stronger and my cardiovascular health improved.  By the end of our training together, I wasn't out of breath as quickly and didn't need to rest as long (if at all) between sets.  

I am not working right now, or I don't know how I would have done this with a family and all.  I really admire those working moms out there who are doing this while working full-time.  When I realized I would be out of work for at least the near future, I decided this was the perfect time to go for it.  I didn't have the "excuse" of not having time.  I'm truly thankful for this opportunity and the support I've gotten from my family, friends, and YOU!  Your encouraging comments make my day! 

I'll be posting pics of my experience this weekend on Instagram if you want to follow along! 






Share on :
Bikini Contest Prep // 2 Days Out
Bikini Contest Prep // 2 Days Out
Reviewed by jembe
Published :
Rating : 4.5