Still

As you know, life is full of ebbs and flows.  Although I always exercise at least semi-regularly, there are times when I'm super dedicated and work out intensely and there are times when other things demand my attention and there just aren't enough hours or energy in the day.  At those times, I may let exercise slip, but I pay for it and don't feel as good.

I've had a lot going on with work, relationships, my dad's illness, my son starting pre-school, my blog, and on and on.  We all have struggles so I know you can relate.  When things are extra stressful in my life, exercise helps me cope.  And I've been doing a lot of that lately.  Getting really good and sweaty and fighting wars in my mind.  Cursing cancer and feeling blessed for the experience of love.  I'm also trying to add in periods of rest.  Stillness.  Time to just


sit



and



be



still.



Time to listen to my heart.  Time to share my thankfulness and blessings with God.  And time to listen for HIS guidance.  I don't know why it's so hard to just take these moments for myself, but I know they are necessary.  I find that right after dropping my son off at school, just sitting alone in my car for a few quiet moments can help ground me and prepare me for the day.  But it's not enough.  There needs to be more time to turn off the constant slew of thoughts, fear, worry, anxiousness, sadness.

I set out some goals for myself for 2013 and they have been really challenged.  I'm "renewing my vows" :) to myself right now.  I feel like if I don't examine my life and what's important and how I want to live, then I will just be on the wheel, going nowhere.  In the stillness, answers come.  Through exercise and getting stronger answers come.


I'm wishing moments of peace and stillness for you too.  Have a beautiful day. 



* * * * *



Share on :
Still
Still
Reviewed by jembe
Published :
Rating : 4.5