Tuna Salad

Wanting to change up my meals, I made tuna salad this week.  It's so easy to prepare because you're not cooking anything (except boiling eggs if you want egg whites in yours).  I eat mine over greens (butter lettuce and arugula), but it's also good as a sandwich on whole wheat bread.  One of my favorite things my Grandma used to make for me was a tuna melt.  She put the tuna on a piece of toast with a slice of cheese on top, then microwaved it for about 30 seconds.  It's really good that way!


Because I wanted to make enough to eat for several meals, I used:

INGREDIENTS
  • 2 large cans of albacore tuna in water
  • 1 onion chopped finely
  • Relish (about 1/4 cup of sweet & 1/4 cup of dill)
  • 5 cooked egg whites chopped 
  • 3/4 cup light mayo 
  • Butter lettuce and arugula (I just put a handful of each in my bowl)  
  • *a squeeze of lemon is good too, but I didn't have any
I'm guessing on the measurements of the relish and mayo because I didn't precisely measure, I just scooped it in, but I think that's about right.  Use more or less depending on your taste preferences. 




Share on :
Tuna Salad
Tuna Salad
Reviewed by jembe
Published :
Rating : 4.5