Operation Get Lean // Week 5 Recap

One more week will be 6 weeks of clean eating and training 5 days a week (heavy weights) and at least 4 days of cardio (20 minutes).  I'm confident that you can make BIG progress and changes to your body and health in that relatively short amount of time.  I have "only" dropped about 3 pound (112 to 109), but I have gained muscle, which is my goal anyway.  I haven't tested my body fat, so I'm not really sure about the number, however, my jeans fit perfectly again so I know I'm making progress (they were getting difficult to button!).  

I post progress pictures on my Instagram (@honeywerehome) and use #honeywerehealthy if you want to follow along.


THE WORKOUTS


5 minute treadmill warmup (speed at 4.0), then go directly to planks.  I really don't do any other abdominal exercises, but my stomach is definitely getting leaner and more toned. 

Monday - Shoulders, 3 planks (2 1/2 min each), Cardio- 20 minute treadmill sprints at 7.5 mph

Tuesday - Off (my son's birthday!)

Wednesday - Back, 2 planks (2 1/2 min each), Cardio- 20 minutes on stair mill at Level 60

Thursday - Biceps/Triceps, 3 planks (3 min, 3 min!!, 2 1/2 min)  Cardio- 20 minute treadmill sprints at 7.5 mph

Friday - Legs, Cardio- 20 minutes on stair mill at Level 60

Saturday - Off 

Sunday - Off

You can see my BACK WORKOUT HERE and my SHOULDER WORKOUT HERE.


THE MEALS

I'm still on THIS MEAL PLAN.  I am not hungry and my energy levels stay constant throughout the day.  I'm not normally very good about eating vegetables, but have had them consistently for the last two weeks.  It feels good knowing I'm fueling my body with whole, non-processed food.

7:00 a.m.  oatmeal, coffee with creamer

9:30 a.m.  protein shake (lately 1 scoop of protein powder with 8 oz 1% milk)

11:00 p.m.  lean protein and veggies

3:00 p.m.  lean protein and veggies or greek yogurt 

6:00 p.m. lean protein and veggies 

8:30-9  egg white omelet or greek yogurt 

I snacked on cashews and celery with natural peanut butter. 

For Greek yogurt, I mix about 1/2 cup of Fage Total 0% with Stonyfield Caramel.  I love the caramel flavor but it's a little sweet on it's own, plus the nutrition on the Fage is great.





I just started eating egg whites and cooked a dozen in the oven at 350 for 30 minutes- perfect!  I'm aiming to eat 4 a day.  


For something new with my veggies, I improvised a "confetti salad" to pair with my protein, but then I found I like to just mix it all together.  The salad is a combination of the following ingredients:

  • Tomatoes 
  • Cucumber
  • Edamame (steamed)
  • Corn (steamed)
  • Sliced Olives
  • Red Onion
  • Feta 
  • Olive Oil
  • Lemon Juice 
I just diced up the tomatoes, cucumber and onion and combined it with steamed edamame and corn (off the cob), added the feta, olive oil and lemon juice.  



I often eat at least one meal per day in the car- usually the 3:00 meal when I'm in the carpool line picking up my son from school, so lumping it all in together works perfectly. 


"Cheat" meals this week included: 

Monday- dark chocolate owl (melted chocolate poured into a mold) and dipped in a tablespoon of natural peanut butter 


Wednesday- tasting menu at a restaurant with my friend (tiny portions though and skipping dessert) with about 2 glasses of wine.


Thursday- a piece of lasagna and angle food cake (I made this meal for new parents to a beautiful baby girl and ate with them at the hospital) and 1 Ghiradehli carmel chocolate. 

Friday- Starbuck's iced tall 2-pump mocha, no whip (2 pumps is one less pump of chocolate than they normally put, I just like it better that way). 

Saturday- mimosa at brunch 

___________________

You can still enter to win a $100 Visa GIFTCARD on my post HERE.


Share on :
Operation Get Lean // Week 5 Recap
Operation Get Lean // Week 5 Recap
Reviewed by jembe
Published :
Rating : 4.5