Shoulder Workout

Some people have asked for a breakdown of my current workouts and I'm happy to share!  I have basically been doing a few of the workouts from the Live Fit program, just lifting heavier than I did last year.  I break out my workouts into legs, shoulders, back, biceps and triceps.

I always warm up with a 5 minute walk on the treadmill at about 4.0, no incline.  Then, I do my 3 planks and onto my weight workout.  On Monday, I lifted shoulders and did the workout below with the weights indicated.  Those weights are heavy for me, I'm struggling to lift the last two, but I can do it without a spotter with good form.  I'm trying to grow my muscle, which is why I'm lifting heavier with lower repetitions or "reps".  The picture below was snapped mid-workout, when my shoulders were getting pumped up.   The 40 pound EZ-curl bar is what I was using for Upright Rows. 



I wanted to include a photo of the exercise in case you aren't familiar with it by name.  I'm not always familiar with the names either, so sometimes when I'm at the gym, I'll just google the exercise on my phone to find out what it is.  I especially like to search for a "video" that way I can see exactly how the exercise is done.  

Arnold Dumbbell Press 
I hold 17.5 pound dumbbells in each hand (as opposed to two weights that total 17.5) 


SUPERSET- means to go from one exercise to the next without resting.  Then, you rest after you complete the superset.

Superset Front Dumbbell Raise & Side Lateral Raise
I hold 10 pound dumbbells in each hand for these.  

Image Via Lean It Up

Upright Rows
I use a 40 pound barbell instead of a band, as pictured below, but the movement is the same.

Image via Forever Asleep

Alternating Single Arm Dumbbell Press
I hold a 15 pound dumbbell in each hand for this exercise. 

Reverse Fly
I do these on a machine like pictured below.  


After my shoulder workout, I did 20 minutes of treadmill sprint intervals at 7.5.

Does this help?  I hope so!  

___________________

You can still enter to win a $100 Visa GIFTCARD on my post HERE.


Share on :
Shoulder Workout
Shoulder Workout
Reviewed by jembe
Published :
Rating : 4.5