Before & After Success Story (Valerie)

Hearing from readers on similar fitness journeys makes me so happy.  It makes me feel like we're all in this together.  I would love to celebrate you and feature your success story here.  Send me an email at: honeywerehomeblog@gmail.com

via 
Valerie wrote in explaining how she has lost nearly 100 pounds!  Can we take a minute and just let that soak in?? Wow! Talk about a journey that you truly have to take one day at at time.  I am so proud of her and couldn't wait to share her story with you.  I hope this gives encouragement to anyone who wants to lose a significant amount of weight.  I can tell from her face that she is so much happier now that she's a more fit person.  And it wasn't easy for her- she works and has kids with sports activities, so she wakes up at 5:30 a.m. to get her workouts in.  Valerie, big hugs to you girl!  You can visit her blog too- Fabulous Chick Gets Fit and follow her on Instagram IG: @fabchickgetsfit







Age, height, and weight ("before" and "after").  I am 31, 5’4” and my highest weight was 280lbs. Right now I am 189lbs.

Family status- married/single/kids/work?  Other background you wish to share. I am married with two kids {Sydney is 4 and Bryce is 8} I work as an event planner.



"Light bulb moment"- What made you decide to make a change? When I turned 30, I celebrated my birthday in Miami and saw a picture of myself and new I had to change. I was 280lbs and a size 22! I had put myself on the backburner and tried so many fad diets before like so many others. But this time was different. I was going to blog about my journey of losing 100lbs and inspire others and let them help hold me accountable. After losing 50lbs I decided I wanted to push myself further and compete.








What did you do to accomplish your goal? (Food/meal plan and exercise specifics) I did lots of research and completely changed my eating habits. I followed a completely clean eating lifestyle, cut out fast food, soda and sugar. I started walking a mile a day and finding kettle bell videos. Now I have hired a competitor coach and I am lifting heavy and do HIIT 6x a week. She also has me on a strict meal plan.



How did you make time for fitness? Because of my schedule, my husband’s schedule and the kids school/sports, it was best for me to get up at 5:30am and work out.






How long did it take you to reach your goal? It took me a little over a year to get to where I am now. I started my journey January 2013. I will compete on November 2, 2014.


Was there a specific person, website, blog that inspired/motivated you and provided you good information for losing weight/getting fit? I followed a few blogs when I first started. But the clean eating guide by Jamie Eason from bodybuilding.com was very helpful and Marianne from myomytv.com is where I got all of my kettle bell workouts. 



Any other information that you think would be beneficial and inspiring to other women. I always stress on my blog that with dedication and consistency anything is possible. I am going from obese to the competition stage and though difficult, it can and will be done. 

You are one hot mama Valerie!  Please feel free to leave her a sweet note in the comments- she deserves some love! 


Share on :
Before & After Success Story (Valerie)
Before & After Success Story (Valerie)
Reviewed by jembe
Published :
Rating : 4.5