Bikini Contest Prep // 8 Weeks Out // Sample LEG Workout

Hi friends! Thank you so much for following along on this fitness journey of mine.  This Saturday marks 8 weeks out from the bikini competition.  I guess this is where the rubber meets the road so to speak because I have more tweaks to my training and diet.  I weighed in today (May 8, 2014) at 108 pounds and 19% body fat.  We will be measuring every 2 weeks. 

Back on April 1, he measured me at 25.5%, so I've lost about 6% body fat in 6 weeks.  I was also 113 pounds, so I'm down 5, but I've gained muscle I'm sure.  I'm aiming to get to about 10% body fat, so my trainer said he wants to modify my diet.  Well, it's already so strict, I didn't want him to cut anything, so I had to fess up that I'm still adding a small amount of peanut butter to my pancakes (and sometimes I eat those twice a day) and I sometimes only get 4 of my 5 meals in.  He was very stern about "peanut butter is not on the meal plan" and explained that everything I put in my body counts and makes a difference. Also, getting in those 5 meals is crucial because eating so often is revving up my metabolism and skipping a meal (for me it's usually the last one) causes my body to store more fat instead of burning it. 

Here's a reminder of the MEAL PLAN I'm on.


For me, I've been eating:

7:30 - 8:00 a.m.  1/2 cup ground oats, dash of cinnamon, 3/4 cup All Whites, 1 real egg white, splash of water (less than 1/4 cup) and make it into a pancake.  I spray the pan with spray coconut oil.

11:00 a.m.  5 oz. chicken (I buy frozen chicken breast and microwave them on the defrost setting- this makes them juicy and not overcooked), 1/2 cup brown rice, 1 cup broccoli or green beans

3:00 p.m.  5 oz. chicken, 1/2 cup brown rice, 1 cup broccoli or green beans

6:00 p.m.  5 oz. fish (I buy frozen Mahi Mahi and cook it in the skillet), 1/2 cup brown rice, 1 cup broccoli or green beans

9:00 p.m.  protein shake

It's this last shake that I need to get in.  I have had cheerios (oops!) a few times or my pancake with peanut butter, but no more.  Eating this way honestly hasn't been that bad (or as bad as I thought it would be).  Once I figured out how to cook my chicken so it wasn't bone dry, I enjoyed it more. Also, I know I COULD eat whatever I want really- I'm CHOOSING to do this because I want to see the results.  I LOVE the impact this eating/exercise plan is having on my body.  I'm almost 40 and getting into the best shape ever.  

:: WORKOUTS :: 

We are upping my cardio to 45 minutes 5 days a week.  He actually recommended 5-6 days, but dang!  AND finally, we are training together about 4-5 days a week- up from 3.  I'm doing the cardio right before or after our workouts just to get it over with for the day.  

This has me pooped people!  I definitely need my sleep or I'm so out of steam in the mooring for the workouts.  These exercises we do are killer.  My heart rate is up the whole time, with maybe a minute rest after 3 sets.  

To give you an example, we worked LEGS today.  I did:

Inner leg machine (20 reps x 3- 40 pounds?)
Outer leg machine (20 reps x 3- 40 pounds?)  Not too bad, weight isn't that heavy.  Maybe I should up it next time?


Walking lunges (probably 200- I lunge up and down the gym 4 times.  No weight.)
Tire Tipping (outside- down a long row- up and back- 3x) That tire is f*&king heavy.  And dirty.  My hands were gross. 


Sled Pushes (outside- down a long row- 3x pushing, then pulling it backwards 3x- not sure the weight, definitely not as much as pictured below- maybe 25 pounds??) Feeling like a sweaty beast.  A strong sweaty beast.

via 

Step-up on high step (15 on each leg x3)
Step-up on even higher step (12 on each leg x 3)  OMG- I'm short remember??!! 
Bike for one minute (x3)  Never has one minute felt longer.

Kettle Bell Plie Squats (30lb) my feet were each on a step, and I had to touch the kettle bell to the ground (15 reps, 3x) Dang these hurt, I have to stop mid-way through for a quick second.  Legs on fire.
Bike for one minute (x3) Are we done yet?!?! 


Then off to 45 minutes on the treadmill.  I alternated walking briskly at 3.8 no incline and incline at 15% at 2.5. 15% is as high as their treadmills go. Sweaty.  Sweaty.  Sweaty.  And hungry.  The end.  Until tomorrow.















Share on :
Bikini Contest Prep // 8 Weeks Out // Sample LEG Workout
Bikini Contest Prep // 8 Weeks Out // Sample LEG Workout
Reviewed by jembe
Published :
Rating : 4.5