Ordering Healthier at Starbuck's

I'm right there with many of you who get excited when Starbuck's releases their Fall beverages each year.  They really get me giddy at Christmas with their bright red cups, but right now, it's the Salted Caramel Mocha that I'm craving.

Starbuck's is one of many food retailers that provide their nutrition information online if you dare to check.  You may not want to see the calorie and fat content of the SCM- it's pretty bad!  If you order a grande "medium" it's 420 calories and 16 grams of fat, plus 290 grams of sodium, and 56 grams of sugar.  Ouch!


If you want to lighten it up, get the tall (4oz less than the grande) with nonfat milk and no whip cream.  I promise, it's still delish.  That will save you 200 calories, 14 fat grams, 90 grams of sodium, and 16 grams of sugar.   That adds up!  It's still not something I'd drink everyday, but will enjoy maybe once a week as a treat.    


You can go HERE to see the nutritional information on your Starbuck's drink and then play with the size, choose nonfat milk and no whip to see the difference.  You can also order drinks "skinny" (sugar free syrup).  Are you into Starbuck's?  What's your favorite drink? How often do you order it?  

I'll be back tomorrow with a recap of how I did on Week 5 of the Live Fit program.  I'm happy to report that I'm already seeing results!  I'm ready to kick butt on Week 6 now! :)  

P.S. If you are new to my blog, you can Follow me HERE or Subscribe HERE.  



Share on :
Ordering Healthier at Starbuck's
Ordering Healthier at Starbuck's
Reviewed by jembe
Published :
Rating : 4.5