Pizza (Fig, Proscuitto, & Mozzarella)

I'm so pleased to see that my best friend's fitness journey is resonating with you!  I pinned her abs on Pinterest and it's fun to see people repinning:)  My fear was that someone might feel intimidated by her  extremely fit physique and then get discouraged, and I definitely do not want that to happen.  My goal is to ENCOURAGE and uplift you, while at the same time, sharing knowledge and insight into what we can do to really change our bodies, and our lives, for the better. Maggie said that she was encouraged too, and even more motivated to come up with some new recipes that I can share here.  

Today, I'm sharing a meal with you that, for some reason, I really like to eat occasionally on the weekend. This is a small pizza made with flat bread, a thin layer of fig jam, a couple slices of prosciutto, a bit of fresh mozzarella, and topped with arugula.  It's one of those "easy assembly" dishes that doesn't really require you to cook, just pop it in the oven.

In light of yesterday's post about how to eat super clean for optimum muscle building and leaning out, I would not eat this as a "clean meal" if that's your goal.  This is more like a meal that, hopefully, your whole family will like, uses fresh ingredients sparingly (be careful with prosciutto- it has a lot of sodium).  



Ingredients

Flat bread (you can buy 100% whole wheat)
Fig Jam
Prosciutto
Mozzarella
Arugula
Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper (optional)
Lemon (optional)

Directions

  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  • Brush flat bread with olive oil and bake for about 8 minutes on a baking sheet to get it crispy
  • Top with a thin layer of fig jam, prosciutto, and mozzarella. 
  • Bake until the cheese starts to melt, about 8 minutes.
  • Then top with arugula
  • Add salt and pepper/a squeeze of lemon/a drizzle of olive oil on top 




This recipe is adapted from a food segment on the Nate Show, but I couldn't find a link to it. 
Also, I'm working on incorporating a Recipe print option for future posts.

* * * * * 
I will be posting Maggie's workout soon (hopefully later this week).  I just need to get with her again to clarify a few things.  
Share on :
Pizza (Fig, Proscuitto, & Mozzarella)
Pizza (Fig, Proscuitto, & Mozzarella)
Reviewed by jembe
Published :
Rating : 4.5